27 October 2012

Rosary Month

October, the month of the Holy Rosary. St. Paul College of Paranaque decided to do a different activity for the rosary month. We did a parade of floats containing different tableaus of the 5 mysteries of the sorrowful mystery. We passed through the high-way and different streets of Paranaque especially, Don Galo and Sta. Monica.

The Grade 7 students is assigned for the first mystery which is the agony in the garden.



That's me! I was "Jesus" the boy at my back was "Satan" in our tableau.











The 3rd year students were assigned for the 3rd mystery, "Scourging at the Pillar"











The 4th year students preparing their float, "Carrying of the Cross"



The other float of the year four students, "Crucifixion and Death of Christ"





During the procession.
 It was really a sunny day. It was hard to portray Jesus. I knew the feeling what Jesus had felt. I knew the pain he encountered. It was a way of sacrifice for me, for joshua (the boy), other students who are part of the tableaus and for all the students and teachers who joined the procession. I had cramps and they had to massage my legs during the procession. The whole procession I was in that position, kneeling like the chinese people do. After the procession, I didn't stand the sun and pain of my muscles that they rushed me in the clinic but it was all worth it. It was for God, Jesus and Mother Mary. 

No comments: